If you’ve experienced or are experiencing water damage or flooding, we’re here to help! Garbutt Construction DKI is fully equipped with a water extraction unit, a large selection of dehumidifiers and blowers, antimicrobial cleaning agents and air-purifying units to handle any size water damage, flood, or sewage claim.
Our restoration team is ready to respond to emergency water damage and flooded properties 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Once you make the call, we will have one of our fully trained and certified Project Managers contact you within 15 minutes to discuss your water damage or flooding situation. When we know the extent of water damage, we will determine if an emergency restoration crew needs to be dispatched, which will arrive within an hour. Next, contact your insurance provider and let them know that the area has been damaged by water or flooding and that Garbutt Construction DKI is going to provide emergency restoration and drying services.
Unexpected water damage and flooding can result from many factors including, but not limited to:
- Burst or Broken Pipes or Water Supply Lines
- Malfunctioning Appliances
- Sump Pump Failure or Backup
- Sink or Toilet Overflow
- Floor Drain Backup
- Sewage Backup
- Heavy Rains or Melting Snowfall
- Cracked Foundation and Leaky Basements
- Blocked Eavestroughs and Downspouts
- Damaged Shingles and Roofing Surfaces
If you know where the source of water is coming from, and if you can put a stop to it safely, it is important to do so. If the area is safe, elevate or remove your important belongings to prevent them from being damaged. Be sure to wear rubber boots if the water is not from a clean waterline. If the area is unsafe, leave the area and call us immediately.
Our trained, certified, and uniformed technicians will perform the following emergency services in response to any water damage or flooding:
- Assess the loss – determine what materials are affected
- Categorize the water source – clean, grey, or black
- Remove drywall and/or debris that may inhibit proper drying
- Make sure all contents can be dried in place – if this is not possible, the items may be removed and dried at our facility
- Begin the drying process as outlined in the standard procedures set by the IICRC
Our trained and certified technicians will monitor the drying process using moisture meters. Once dry, a Project Manager will arrive to examine the area in order to evaluate what may need to be replaced or repaired. We will present this information to your insurance company in the form of an estimate. You may also receive a copy of the estimate, which will fully explain what is needed to be done to bring the area back to its pre-loss condition.
Water damage and flood cleanup services provided on-site include:
- Emergency Water Extraction and Dehumidification
- Mould Remediation
- Air Purifying
- Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet, Pad & Vinyl Installation
- Hardwood Flooring Installation & Refinishing
- Finish Carpentry
Water damage and flood cleanup services in-shop include:
- In-Shop Drying and Dehumidification
- In-Shop Pack-Out Cleaning and Ozone Deodorization
- Wood Restoration and Corrosion Control
- Computer and Electronic Restoration
It’s always best to trust the restoration experts when it comes to dealing with water damage and flood. From small to large water damage and flooding problems, we have the knowledge, equipment, and experience to handle the entire process and ensure everything is restored properly so that it is safe for you and your loved ones to be in your home.
If you live in the Owen Sound, Durham, Wasaga Beach, Shelburne, Collingwood, Stayner, Blue Mountains, Flesherton, Feversham, Duntroon, Creemore, New Lowell, Avening, Dundaulk Markdale, Chatsworth, Meaford, Thornbury, Angus, Borden and surrounding communities, we’re only a phone call away – both day and night.